Is there any relation between vaginal discharge and oral contraceptive pill?

hello, i have a question about vaginal discharge while on the combined oral contraceptive pill. i noticed i now have daily increased discharge, is this normal.. i am on the pill the past 2 months and i am on day 5 of my new pack and noticed white discharge on my black underwear
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normal if the discharge is non foul smell, no itch

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

Sometimes because of the oestrogen content of pills can cause vaginal discharge, this is absolutely normal if the discharge is not itchy or irritating or foul smelling and there is certainly no infection present. If you are so much bothersome discharge, you can go for other contraceptive methods like copper t or progesterone only pill.

Also you can get a vaginal swab to rule out any infection.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile