Is there any relation between use of hair conditioner which contain estrogen or like ingredients will cause dark spots or freckles on neck?

Have you heard of a correlation between use of leave in hair conditioners with estrogen or estrogen mimicking ingredients on a child with shoulder length or long hair, and the appearance of ages spots or dark spots or freckles only on the neck of the child?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 12 hours later

I could not understand your query completely. Let me explain what I could make out?

You want to know that -Is there any relation between use of hair conditioner which contain estrogen or like ingredients will cause dark spots or freckles. Correct me if I am wrong.

Freckles are idiopathic/genetic most of time, appear as brown, light black color spots.
Its because of increase in melanin production, they mainly appear on sun exposed sites.

As such there is no correlation between use of hair conditioner and causation of freckles. But any cosmetic/skin and hair care product is not free from side effects.

Some of chemicals in such products become active on exposure to sunlight which may cause some contact dermatitis, photo pigmentation etc. Any such cosmetic should be patch tested and more over photo patch tested before its use.

I hope your query is answered. If you have no more query in followup, then please accept my reply.

With Regards.
Dr Rohit Batra