Is there any relation between platelet count and ecosprin?

Is there any relation between platelet count and ecosprin? I have been taking some form of aspirin tablets for more than 25 years. Now I am taking ecosprin 75mg daily. My blood platelet count was 0000 in January 2008. In November 2012 it was 0000. Now in August 2013 it is 0000. Is there any reason to worry? Should I take any other form of aspirin. I had mycordiac infraction in 1987 and triple artery bypass surgery in 1996. Since I have been doing very fine. I 5 also take minipres 2.5 mg twice and Simvastatin 10mg daily. I am 70 years old.
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 4 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

There is no relation between aspirin usage and platelet count. In contrary, platelet function (Not count) will be altered in patients who are using aspirin.

Platelets normally protects our body from excessive bleeding by a mechanism called platelet aggregation. By aggregation they forms a clot and prevents excessive blood loss.

In aspirin users, aggregation of platelets will be impaired, but their count remains same. That is why doctors advise them to stop using aspirin 1 week before surgery to prevent excessive blood loss.

As per your given count, it is normal. So you need not to worry much.

Normal count is 1.5 to 4 Lakhs.

Hope I have addressed your query, if you need any further clarifications, please feel free to let me know.