Is there any relation between my eosinophil count and acne on back?

I got blood results with a .5 EOS absolute reading. I have an acne condition on my back. Could the two be related? All other results were normal. I'm a 67 year old male.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Not related. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. EOS reading at 0.5 means that your white blood cells have nearly 5% eosinophils. This is just a small rise and there is no need to press any panic button. Asthma or allergies are most common causes of elevated eosionophils. The acne on your back may be related to a hormonal disorder and is not likely to be related to this rise. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: Is there any relation between my eosinophil count and acne on back? 47 minutes later
Thank you for the quick and thorough reply. My only concern is because in the blood test results the .5 is flagged as "high", being outside a range of 0.0 - 0.4. Do you have a point of view on that? Also, I have been reading that skin disorders can cause an increase in the EOS, which is why I asked about the condition on my back. Finally, simply because I am new to this service, why would they send this particular inquiry to an OBGYN, when I am a male, and the symptoms are related to blood work? Just curious. And thank you again for your reply.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Not significant. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. 0.5 is only marginally high and is not worrisome. This is not clinically significant. Skin allergic conditions can be associated with a rise in eosinophils. You asked this query under general health category. This is answered according to the availability of the physicians. For a specialist opinion you can post this as a direct query for specialist of your choice. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards