Is there any relation between delayed periods, brown discharge and milky discharge from breast?

May 2013
my periods late by 10 days(LAST PERIODS DATE IS24/10/2013).there is a brown color discharge instead of periods.i take two pregnancy test the result was negative.i was so tensed. i also notice a milky white discharge from my there any relation between these??? What is the reason for late periods
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, prolactin Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for your delayed periods are : - Hormonal imbalance leading to irregular periods. Spotting can also be due to that. -If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is possibility of pregnancy. Urine pregnancy test kit may not detect early pregnancy sometimes. -Elevated prolactin levels can lead to complications like irregular menstrual cycles, milk secretion from breast etc. So, once consult gynecologist, get examined and go for investigations like: - Blood test for pregnancy, thyroid profile and prolactin levels estimation. - Ultrasound. By examination and investigations the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.