Is there any relation between body temperature and ovulation?
User rating for this question
I'm temps have stayed the same 36.7 degress up until today day 6 post ovulation,is this normal should I be concerned?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Body temperature-Menstrual cycle Detailed Answer: Hello, Delighted to be able to help. Temperature has two phases in the menstrual cycle: starting the menstrual cycle is lower, which causes ovulation.Three days after ovulation, the progesterone level increases.Progesterone causes body temperature increases after ovulation (approximately 0.2 to 0.5 degrees ).The temperature remains higher for ten days, after which it goes back down, leading to menstruation. Consequently, it is normal for your body temperature is slightly elevated, is not pathological,after will decrease and you'll have menstruation. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer. I wish you good health.
People also viewed
- Throbbing lumps in my neck
- 4yr old head hurts and been sick
- Heart murmur 4year old
- Body aches age 50
- Is there any relation between body temperature and ovulation
- Basal body temperature and ovulation
- My basal body temperature dropped after ovulation
- Lump in newborn ribcage
- Cystoscopy how otfen after age 50
- Solid lump in neck
- Body aches during ovulation
- Stress lump in neck
- Thyronorm 50 mg stopped after eating flaxseeds
- Body aches after ovulation
- Lump in neck stinks