Is there any reason why I have been asked to take Microgynon for male to female transformation?

i have been told to take microgynon for male to female transformation is there any reason. at the moment i am on 30 if that is ok my specialist said to start taking 50 what advantage does this give me.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
Microgynon is a female hormone- progesterone. It helps in transformation of your masculine features into feminine features like breast hypertrophy.
Taking a higher dose of 50 mg instead of 30 mg is associated with a better response. There is considerable interindividual variation among the response. Hence the dose is adjusted after assessing the individual response.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Is there any reason why I have been asked to take Microgynon for male to female transformation? 9 hours later

I have got six months of Microgynon three months of 30mg & three months of 50mg
also the seven pills of non hormone pills after the 21 hormone pills do i still take them
also? how long before i notice any change i am very nervous about the change i am also taking Provera 10mg at the moment dropping to 5mg will that make much difference and also taking Spironolactone 100mg once a day i was taking 200mg a day
but my doctor dropped it because it was making my potassium to high it went to about 6 but all good now back to about 4.4 hope i have not asked you to much thanks.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Feminization is a gradual process. The process of hormonal feminization, while essential, can't be rushed or accelerated. The careful dosage regulation is necessary with regular monitoring of blood tests to minimize the side effects of these hormonal therapies.
The genetic male's full response to feminizition therapy appears over a matter of years. Feminization will begin to be noticed about 1-3 months after starting on a regime.
This duration varies considerably according to the treatment regimen and individual response.
You need to continue 50mg microgynon with combined oral pills of 21 days.
Decreasing the dose of provera to half might retard the feminine changes.
Please do not change any of your dosage regimens without consulting your physician.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Is there any reason why I have been asked to take Microgynon for male to female transformation? 14 hours later
Hi Dr
what would you recommend for feminization or transition from male to female would love your comment and maybe i will bring it up with my specialist nect time i see here
i would be very thankful for your comments.
Hormonal therapy is the mainstay of feminisation. Along with the combined pills and progesterone supplements that you are already taking, you can have some estrogen supplements also if your blood reports are normal. Adding spironolactone is also helpful.
But all these are prescription only medicines and need strict medical supervision during the treatment.
You can consider going for surgery for earlier and assured results.