Is there any problem if I am having continuous erection without intercourse?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2014
Dec 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
IS THERE ANY PROBLEM FOR AN ERECTED PENIS WITHOUT INTERCOURSE ? BECAUSE LAKE OF INTERCOURSE MY PENIS REMAINS ERECT CONTINUOUSLY. MAXIMUM TIME I AM IN MOOD. BUT MY WIFE IS NOT CO-OPERATING WITH ME. SHE IS NOT GETTING IN MOOD. I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES. WHAT TO DO ? I AM FACING MANY TYPE OF PROBLEMS FOR THE SAME. PLEASE ADVISE ME.
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 33 minutes later

First of all just to reassure you, there is no problem in continuous erection if it is spontaneous. If done by use of some medications it may lead to priapism or painful erection. But if you are getting distressed with this problem then you should try relaxation techniques, deep breathing exercises etc. These methods will help to relax yourself. Masturbation is also a safe technique to gratify yourself.

Now coming to your query. Your wife is not co-operative and she is not getting in mood. The main thing you can do is just talk with her regarding your needs. If this is not possible then Family Therapy by a trained psychologist is needed. Masters and XXXXXXX technique is a method which has useful results in sexual dysfunction. There are other methods as a lot of gel formulations containing estradiol are available and can be used to increase libido in her. But they should be only used under an expert Gynecologist.

Hope, I cleared your doubt. If you have more questions you can ask again.

Thanks.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Follow-up: Is there any problem if I am having continuous erection without intercourse? 13 hours later
Thank You Doctor !
I am satisfied with your suggestion. But I am facing many problems due to non-intercourse periodically. Frequently I am facing sleepless over night. My head and spinal cord / waist is paining during the penis remains hard continuously (when I am going to bed). I am unable to do my other activities in proper manner also. I am irritating my self. I have depressed since last 7 years from our marriage. We have blessed with a son (4 year).

I have shared all these things with my wife also. She is agreed also. But due to the extra sleepiness she going to bed early. At that time she is not responding any thing. I am feeling very much lonely. She is not that much interested in sexual relationship. Probably once in a fourth-night. Other things are very good although she is a working lady.

We staying at a remote area of Odisha, India. We do not have many medical / doctor facilities also. I do not have any other habits. I do not have any other alternate. I can not share my problem to anyone also. Please guide me.

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 10 minutes later
Hello again

You are not able to do sexual intercourse and it is a basic need. Due to this deprivation you have been stressed a lot. This has causes heightened anxiety and a lot of somatic symptoms in you. Those symptoms are presenting in you as severe back pain and headache. As I have already mentioned that relaxing yourself is must. You can do this by either Yoga or Meditation. In the mean time talk with wife again and again regarding your needs. Also as she is also working so she must be tired after work and due to this she need as good sleep. I advise you to engage in sexual activities in week ends (if feasible) during initial stages, with time she will again develop interest in intercourse and then you can increase your frequency. You can take her out for a dinner and then talk. Engage in good and long foreplay because a good foreplay increases acceptability in females.
Don't be stressed just try what I have advised you, you will see active change in a month. Persistence is must.

If you are satisfied with conversation kindly review. You can ask again if you have more queries.

Thanks
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi MD

Follow-up: Is there any problem if I am having continuous erection without intercourse? 48 hours later
Thank you Doctor once again !

I am not complaining against my wife. She is good, co-operative, she handles every thing properly and she loves me very much. Due to non-cooperation of intercourse, she is blaming her self also, why I am unable to do this ? The major cause is that she is more interest for sleeping. When she goes to bed, within no time she goes to sleep. Even we are unable to share our family matter, problems, relations, etc. There after I am suffering.

One more thing I would like to share with you, Some times (once in a fifteen days) she gives time, when she wants. At that time she is very much cooperative in every part of views. At that time she provides every thing happily. I have to wait for that time only, when she will ...... . Otherwise if i will irritate more, than force full she accepts me without any interest. Which I do not like.

My problem is that, how can I divert her towards my side to share and love each other in every angle maximum time ? Because I love her very much.

Thank you

Regards.

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 7 minutes later
Hello again

She needs sleep and it may be problem behind her decreased interest in sexual intercourse. One thing is to talk with her for weekends. This will at least double the present frequency and gradually you can proceed further.
Other thing is use of estrogen containing creams for local application in her. These creams increase vascularisation in mucosa and will help to increase desire.
Take her for a drive or dinner and make her happy. She will definitely move towards you.

Hope I solved your query. Please review if you are satisfied.
Thanks
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi