Is there any possibility to get two type of herpes virus together?

Mar 2013
Hi my name is XXXXXXX
I have a question. It is possible for a person to have the herpes virus 1 and still come in contact with the herpes virus 2 or is it you only get the one virus or The other but couldn't have both? Hope you understand my question.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Typically, HSV 1 ( herpes simplex virus 1 ) and HSV 2 ( herpes simplex virus 2 ) both affect different parts of the body.
However , it is possible for both types of viruses to infect the same individual and co infection with both HSV 1 and HSV 2 has been known.
Please go through the following link -
WWW.WWWW.WW Is is in scientific terminology, but it will address your question.
Hope this helps you.
Please feel free to ask for more clarifications.