Is there any possibility of injecting my sperms without sexual intercourse to my partner while suffering from genital herpes?

Question
im affected my genital herpes. im getting married this year. i came to know having unprotected sex even when there is no symptoms can transmit the virus. i very much wanted mywife to get pregnant and virus nit affecting her and d baby. in dis case pls let me know can my sperm taken and injected to her so she can b get naturaly pregnant and not taking virus.. does d spperms has virus too.. if the sperm can b injected to her without sexual intercourse pls explain me how it is done.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda -9 hours later
Brief Answer: babies can get herpes Detailed Answer: Hello First you should know that although herpes is transmitted by direct contact it can also be transmitted by body fluids sometimes if the viral load is high . First you should check your viral load is. Transmission is highest during active infection . Sometimes with mild infection transmission may not even occur . In your case what you mean to know is that the procedure by which sperms are introduced into the uterus is called IUI (intra uterine inseminatiin ) yes it can be done . But your wife's viral load should be checked after pregnancy . In IUI the semen is put into the uterus via a canula mid cycle after it has undergone a processing .

Follow-up: Is there any possibility of injecting my sperms without sexual intercourse to my partner while suffering from genital herpes? 6 minutes later
so im talking abt taking my sperm when i dont have any kind of symptoms or active infection. even dat time, can the sperms b tested before injecting rather than testing after.. does sperms has d virus too. how can d baby prevented by virus after born.. if my wife is affected does breast feeding transmits d virus

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: blood test Detailed Answer: Testing viral load is a blood test . Sperms cannot be tested . If you are inactive or dormant then although there is a chance of infection it's less . I think that you should test your viral load first . Also breast feeding doesn't transmit the virus unless there is direct contact with a sore / blister . Babies usually get the virus during delivery if there is maternal infection even after pregnancy . Neonatal herpes is rare but possible . Nowadays good anti viral drugs are available for such cases .