Is there any permanent solution for allergy?

Allergist and Immunologist
Want to have permanent or long term solution for allergy problem. In case if you are suggesting prayanam then let me know where I can find more details about the same
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 1 hour later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thank you for writing to us.

I hope you have been tested against the aero-allergen panel including fungal allergens to know what your allergies are.
Optimal medical management includes: long-acting antihhistamines, leukotriene antagonist drugs with inhalers.
20% of people do not respond to medical therapy and need immunotherapy. This treatment is available in the form of injections ('allergy shots') or sublingual drops (drops under the tongue). This needs to be given for 3 years (at least).

Prayam is helpful as an adjunct to breathing techniques, but do not have specific information about this.

I hope that was useful.
Best Wishes.
Follow-up: Is there any permanent solution for allergy? 20 minutes later
Thanks a lot for quick answer.

So does current medication(which I have mentioned) has elements you have suggested?

I am facing this problem mostly early in the morning. Earlier it started with wheezing then some time continuous sneezing and running nose. These days, having a blocked nose during night or early in the morning, mostly if fan is on.

It would be great if you can suggest any medication or treatment which will solve all of the above issues.

Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 4 hours later

House dust mite (plus possibly cockroach) is the most likely possibility, although blood tests or skin tests will give you the correct answer.

The normal recommendation is: optimise medical therapy during the worst season, but for dust mite allergy is usually all year round with peak effects during high humidity.
Fexofenadine 180mg once daily OR cetzine 10mg twice daily
PLUS Montek-LC at night
PLUS flixonase nasal spray 2 spays/nostril twice daily.
One must try this for at least one year.

Best Wishes.