Is there any permanent cure for systematic scleroderma?

HI i would like to know if there is any permanent cure for systematic Scleroderma...
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Parshant Aggarwal 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for your query. Systemic sclerosis (also known as scleroderma) is an autoimmune disorder meaning your immune system (defence system of body) begins to fight against you. Unfortunately immune system cannot be recreated and hence systemic sclerosis cannot be cured. BUT immune system can be reset and hence the disease can be treated. In some cases remission (a state where the disease process becomes totally quiescent) can also be achieved. The severity of scleroderma also varies and hence the treatment has to be individualised and majority of patients can lead a near normal life.
So approach a competent Specialist to back your normal life or lead without much difficulty.
Let me know if I can be of more help to you.
Follow-up: Is there any permanent cure for systematic scleroderma? 20 minutes later
thanks dr. kindly let me know if u know a good rheumatologist in bangalore...thanks...
Answered by Dr. Parshant Aggarwal 13 hours later

Bangalore does have a few good rheumatologists. You can consult Dr XXXXXXX at chan re rheumatology clinic.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area with this link WWW.WWWW.WW

Hope this helps you.