Is there any permanent cure for epilepsy in ayurveda?

Ayurveda Specialist
Hello Doctor,

I like to know whether in Ayurvedic Medicine cures epilepsy( complex partial seziure), whether it can be taken along with Allopathic medice and Homeopathic? Whether it gives permenant cure? after some time can only ayurvedic medicine alone can be taken and allopathic medicine can be stopped slowly? How long medicine needs to be taken? whether we can see the visible change of fits and XXXXXXX getting stopped after taking the medicine. How we can ensure Ayurvedic medicine is working. What all the Ayurvedic medicine needs to be taken, what is the procedure to be followed while taking the medicine. Please clarify

With Regards,
Posted Sun, 3 Feb 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 24 hours later

Welcome to Helathcare Magic

As per the query related to the treatment for epilepsy of your son, the answers of your queries are as follows.

1. Ayurveda Medicines can make control on epilepsy and sometimes it will not show till longer duration after stopping medicines too. But we should have to continue for long duration.

2. It can be taken along with the Allopathic and homeopathic medicines too.

3. There are fair possibilities for permanent cure but it takes time.

4. Yes, after some time we can stop allopathic medicines and Homeopathic medicines too; but it should be step by step - not sudden off.

5. Mostly medicines have to take longer approximate 4-5 years or more.

6. Yeah, you can see visible changes of fits and XXXXXXX after stopping another medicines step by step as per the time to time consultation.

7. As per ensuring how ayurveda medicines works, you can see visible changes in his Mental outputs and after some time should will check by reducing the dosages of current medicines and you can see the changes in current volume of fits and XXXXXXX too.

The medicines have to start as,

1. Saraswatarishtam 2 ml thrice a day with water

2. XXXXXXX brahmi vati 1 tab at night with honey

3. Tab Siledin (Alarsin) Half tab twice a day with milk

You can give him empty stomach or after meal too.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Follow-up: Is there any permanent cure for epilepsy in ayurveda? 48 minutes later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for your reply, is it safe to give Siledin Tablets to children as I can see lot of side effects in it on browsing internet. How long these medicine needs to be taken, When I should have next review with doctor.

With Regards,
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 11 hours later
As you have searched comments about siledin tablet's side effects but in my experience it works good in epilepsy.
Although we can give for suvarnaprashan15 days on trial bases.
After 15 days you can get another review.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant