Is there any other treatment options available for chronic prostitis and crohns disease?

General Surgeon
I have been dx with chronic prostitis (sp). I also have crohns dx. I am currently taking valium and ceilas every night and now they have added mobic and an antibiotic. I am on humaria and it seems after a shot which is weekly things get a little worse. I don't want to be on antibiotics or mobic for long because it can flare up the crohns. current symptoms pain in lower abdomen at the belt line or below pain in the left testical that is sharp pain in head of penis during and after urination pain after a bowel movement uncomfortable sitting pain in scrotum painfull ejaculation What options do i have besides living with this? I am hving infertalit y issues is this making matters worse. I have started taking a supplement called NOW® Clinical Strength Prostate Health Is there any other treatment.options available
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 41 hours later
Brief Answer: you can try phytotherapy and stop humaria Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing to HCM. This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. Firstly, humaria is an supresses the body it makes your symptoms a little worse...and may be a contributing factor for your chronic prostitis. So you need to reconsult your gastro specialist about it and your chronic prostitis...about withholding it for sometime till your prostitis is resolved. Regarding the antibiotics....have your prostatic secreations ever been taken for a culture? Coz, if the culture is negative... then antibiotics can be stopped....but in any case they are given for 2-4 weeks only. Mobiac is a painkiller and antiinflammatory... that will help for both prostitis and chrons. Also all your symptoms of pain from your belt line to scrotum will need it. Your supplement NOW, is having mainly antioxidants and herbs that reduce prostrate you can continue it. It will also help with your infertility. Now coming to other treatment options...there are quiet a few options like acupuncture for pain management.... also there is phytotherapy...consisting of quercetin and bee pollen...available in capsules... but you need to discuss these with your treating doctor first. Hope, that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Get well soon. Dr. Ashish Verma