Ask a Urologist   »  

Is there any other treatment option other than radical nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma?

Jul 2016

I have renal cell carcinoma since 26, was 3.5cm and after refusing radical neph and use of alternative med and immune enhancement, shrunk it down to 1.1 cm. After forgetting about the tumor eating a couple of years of eating about 40 oxycodone 30mg per day and about 40$ worth of cocaine at night to keep my eyes open for work and tons of sugar with minimal alternative nutrition, I couldn't pee. After ten min of pushing, about 4 two 1-3 inch dark red jello like blood clots came out followed with a dark stream of blood. Rushed to hospital, had cat scan, tumor was 7cm. I am 45 years old and growth and blood happened last year in March. it is 9cm now and I can't get a hold of it. Besides Radical Nephrectomy is there any other option you can think of. I know that Rad neph is the main answer but if for some reason that was out of the question, what other road. I can't stop the pain killers which i believe is the reason my alternative therapy is not working as in the past. Been in my body now for 19 years. No metastasis, bone or chest.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Radical nephrectomy is the only answer, Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Renal Cell Carcinoma since last 19 years which you refused to get operated at that time and opted for ? chemotherapy. You have not stated reason for refusing to under go Radical Nephrectomy. You have been taking very high dosage of pain killers over a long period. Now the it has advanced to such a stage that the carcinoma has invaded into collecting system giving rise to gross hematuria. Now You have to get few more investigations like Contrast C,T.Angigram to rule out whether tumour has extended in to Inferior Vena Cava .or not. I will still suggest you to get Radical Nephrectomy done to avoid further complication which may endanger your life. Other modalities like Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy will be just a palliation and will not help to eradicate the primary tumour. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: Is there any other treatment option other than radical nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma? 2 days later
I had the bone scan and there are no metastasis. However in my chest catscan it says that I have mild patchy right lung scarring is noted. What does this mean? I have been playing with cocaine like an idiot for the last three years and used to sniff my pills. Can that be the cause of the lung scarring. I have never had scarring reported in any of the prior scans. What are the chances of kidney cancer spreading…this had been in my body since I was 26 and am now 45.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Cocaine will not cause scarring in the lung. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Scarring in the lung could be due to infection and can not be secondaries(Metastasis) in the lung. Kidney cancer once gets invaded in blood vessels will spread any where in the body very fast. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: Is there any other treatment option other than radical nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma? 45 hours later
I do not know if you know how to utilize FTP but if so can you download my scans and let me know what you think of the size difference of the kidney tumor between the cat scans in Aug and November. You wil see them all labeled as well as the ultra sounds. FTP access is as follows WWW.WWWW.WW username is bvale password is Success321! and the folder with the scans is called "Scans" thank you i am attaching the reports from the doctor and would like your opinion.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Size of the tumour at this stage is insignificant. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Sorry I can not make any comments as I could not access to the link that you have mentioned. The size of the tumour at this advanced stage is insignificant .There are no reports uploaded on this forum. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.