Is there any natural cure for negative eyesight?

i have done my eye test recently and doctor confirmed me that i got -1.5 power with right eye..where as my left eye is is it possible to reduce my right eye power from -1.5 to 0 by any natural means? plz help out if so or any alternate method
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 4 hours later
thanks for asking in Healthcare Magic.

You are having Myopia. Myopia is short - sightedness. It is a type of refractory error. Simple or developmental Myopia is commonest variety. It is called physiological error and not associated with any eye disease. It is also called "school Myopia" as it is common among school going children.

Genetic factors also play a role in this condition. If hereditary it is a little difficult to correct by natural means. Nutritional deficiency and hormonal disturbances which affect the general growth process can influence the progress of Myopia.

Breathing exercises, blinking of eyelids often (moisturizes the eye), gently palming the eyes (increases the circulation to eye muscles) all are found to be useful in preventing further increase in eye power.

The procedure of "Eye Robics" is claimed to reduce the eye power naturally. Here, ocular (eye) muscle strengthening exercises are taught to release muscle tension and to restore muscular flexibility.

Balanced diet containing fruits and vegetables XXXXXXX in vitamin has been tried emprically but found to be less effective in preventing the progress of Myopia. But still you can try diet XXXXXXX in omega 3 fatty acid, carotene and lutein.

I hope this helps.

Follow-up: Is there any natural cure for negative eyesight? 16 hours later
thank you doctor for your kind info bout my querry...i have an another question related to spectacle usage..since i have got a spectacle, it is really mandetory to use all the time in a day & wot does happens if i use it only during some times.does it goin to effect my eye again..
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 1 hour later

Welcome back to Healthcare Magic.

There are no hard and fast rules in wearing spectacles for you as you have only low Myopia. Refractory error with less than -2.5 diopter is called low Myopia (yours is only -1.5). Usually using specs continuously depends upon the severity of Myopia and the rate (speed) of progression. For Myopia specs is prescribed with under correction.

You don't need to use it for reading as you can see the near objects well. For doing routine work, specs are optional. But you definitely need spectacles for distant vision and during dusk or night.

Straining to see the distant objects without specs will strain the eye muscles and will worsen Myopia. Also in Myopia, the vision worsens under dim light. Therefore, you need it in both these situations.

I hope I have answered your query. Feel free to come back to this Forum if you have any further queries. I will be happy to assist you.
Follow-up: Is there any natural cure for negative eyesight? 6 hours later
thank you Dr XXXXXXX for your kind info and valuable time for me..i will get back to you..with some more question in short time since i need to know bout clear clarity of the problem..

Thanks a lot...
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 26 minutes later
Welcome XXXXXXX It was nice interacting with you.

Sure, you can get back to me at your convenient time. I will be very happy to clarify your queries. You can post your questions to me at this link: