Is there any nasal drop for noisy breathing? When is the best time to start cerelac?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
1. My daughters chest is clear as confirmed by a pediatrician but from last 2-3 days,a sound is heard from her nose(only in morning when wakes up) as if there is Sputum in her nose.Nose also seems to be clean.Is there any nasal drop??

2.As my daughter(DOB:3rd July 2012) is 3 months now,can we start giving her cerelac?My wife is working and has to rejoin her office in November so we want our baby to get used to other food other than mothers milk.We have tried to feed her with formula milk but she is hesitant to drink.We have tried both lactogen and Nan in Bottle/spoon/filler and paladai.

3.In between our baby gets gastric problems.We have consulted different doctors and they have suggested to give Colic aid/Carmicide whenever there is pain.Recently our baby had stomach pain but Carmicide was not effective enough.And we had to consult another doctor and he gave "Enterogermina".We gave this for 4 days and now she is fine.Please suggest a medicine which we can give her for immediate relief when she is crying with pain.
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 38 minutes later

The following are the answers to your questions.

1) You can start cerelac very well by 4 months. Therefore you can wait for another month and then start the cerelac feeds.
2) Saline nasal drops are safe and you may use it in the morning when she gets the noisy breathing. Nasoclear solution is one example of saline nasal drops.
3) Colicaid and enterogermina are safe and effective. If still crying, I recommend to you consult her pediatrician for clinical examination. Do not give any other medicines without visiting doctor/hospital in person.

Hope this answers your query. Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Dr Arun