Is there any medicine to improve skin complexion?

Dear Madam/Sir
My Daughter is dark in colour she is little black same like myself and my wife are same, where as her elder sister is in pink incolour like my father in law. Can you suggest any medication to improve her complection brighter.
Thank you
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 24 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I understand your concern for your daughter and will advise you accordingly.
The skin color is determined by genetic and environmental factors.
The genetic factors are given to her by you and her mother.They are permanent and cannot change.What can be changed is environmental factors like photomelanosis and acquired pigmentation.

Majority of the acquired pigmentation is due to sun exposure.You can let her use good quality sunscreen like Photoban aqua gel for routine use.It has to be applied every day after bath.Has to be repeated after 3-4 hours depending on outdoor activity.Along with this physical sun protection is must like using caps/goggles/scarf s to prevent sun exposure.
Including vitamin C in diet is of very importance .Vitamin C inhibits melanin synthesis which prevents skin darkening.Also Vitamin c supplements like Tab Limcee can be given on routine basis.Lemon juice and citrate fruits are to be given.
Other factors which determine skin colour is haemoglobin content of blood.Better the haemoglobin fair and pinker is the color.Give her the XXXXXXX leafy vegetables /jaggery/groundnuts which increase the haemoglobin.

Use exfoliating face wash like AHAGLO face wash for cleansing the face.Use cosglo cream at night which can make skin lighter slowly without any side effects.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

Follow-up: Is there any medicine to improve skin complexion? 1 hour later
Dear Sir
Can please give the brand name available in counter all the cream you have specified.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi again

Photoban aqua gel sunscreen by micro gratia.
COSGLO cream for night time use by CHC pharma.
AHAGLO face wash by torrent pharma.
These are the brand names and available over the counter.

Follow-up: Is there any medicine to improve skin complexion? 13 hours later
Sir Thank you very much.....
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 hours later
If you are satisfied with the answer please accept it and rate it at the end.