Is there any medication which will make HbsAg report negative?

Hi Doctor,
My HbsAg blood report is positive,is there any medicine to make HbsAg blood report shows negative.
For Saudi job visa,HbsAg blood report should be negative.Please advise any medicine.
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 11 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

This is a very good question. I have to tell you however that there is no medication and no blood test which will change this test result.

It is unlikely but remotely possible that this might have been a false positive test. I would recommend that you have the test repeated to make sure the result is accurate.

Unfortunately there is no treatment for this and there is certainly no medication which will get rid of this antigen.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I am available for you.

Dr. Robert