Is there any medication to increase height?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi doctor i just want to know what kind of pills can i take to grow taller
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 29 minutes later
Increasing your height at the age of 20 is quite a challenging task. After you attain puberty, the long bones of the body stop growing further as their growing ends fuse with the bone. These bones then attain a permanent size.
There are many pills, injections etc available through internet which claim to increase your height. Their effect is doubtful and do not waste your time, energy and money on them.
Regular yoga practice is known to help in improvement of the posture and ease tension in the body which, in turn, can help make a person feel taller. Several yoga positions can help to maximize these effects.
Your height totally depends on your age and in some cases your family average height. Drinking milk , stretching and proper sleep can increase your height as the secretion of growth hormone is increased during the sleep specially in the early morning hours.
To produce extra Growth Hormone, develop an effective grow taller exercise program. Scientific studies have shown that the brain releases a larger quantity of GH after aerobic exercises.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Is there any medication to increase height? 2 days later
Thank you doctor tayal for your reply, i have been working out my question is that is there any prescribed growth hormones i can take now i just want to give it a try
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Prescription growth hormones might help you along with low dose steroids but you will have to consult your endocrinologist before taking any such products as these do need a careful monitoring to avoid any overdose.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.