Is there any medication that helps to stay awake for prolonged period of time?

I'm chasing a drug that can keep you awake legally as I'm a long distance truck driver and every now and then we have to XXXXXXX urgent dead lines
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not recommended

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

I understand your profession demands you to stay awake for prolonged period of time but being on drugs to stay awake is highly risky not only to you but also the other people on the road.

However Tab modafenil is frequently used by drivers, pilots and students to stay awake.

Please consult a physician for a prescription and do not consider this as my prescription to you

I wish you good health