Is there any medication or hormone injection to increase height?

sir i am 5.5' tall. i want to increase my height upto 5.9'.can you please kindly prescribe a hormone injection or medicine. thank you.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later
Currently, no hormonal or other therapy is available that can help increase your height. This is because the ephiphyseal growth plates at the end of the long bones (the structures responsible for growth of bones) have fused and can no longer grow.
However, certain exercises like hanging from a pole can marginally help stretch your vertebral column (which can increase in length till 25 years of age).
I would also like to emphasize that some of the most famous and powerful people in history had a short stature and stature has little or no role in determining how successful you are in real life.
It would be much more beneficial if you focus on acquiring key life skills which will help you achieve your goals much more successfully.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health and speedy recovery.