Is there any link between lymphoma and the mirena coil?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Good evening. I am looking into somthing and wondered if you could help. To your knowledge is there a link, no matter how small. Between lymphoma and the mirena coil. Kindest regards.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Blood Cancer(Leukemia)
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: So far,to my knowledge, no such link found... Detailed Answer: Hi, To my own knowledge, I have never found a link between mirena coil and lymphoma. The only and the most common side effects of using mirena coil include sepsis, problems with bleeding or irregular periods. Wish you health! If you have more questions, do not hesitate to write me back at the next follow up. Dr.Bardha