Is there any injection to stop white hair till the age 50?

Jan 2014

I want to know is there any injection to stop the white hair till the age 50, i am 27 years old and few hair are getting white, Please let me know.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Oral PABA+1%Melitane Detailed Answer: Hello and Welcome to healthcaremagic. I am Dr. Kakkar and I have gone through your concern and understood it. Hair is said to gray prematurely when it occurs before the age of 20 in whites, 25 in Asians and before 30 in africans. Premature graying of hair occurs more commonly without any underlying pathology but is said to be mostly inherited. A role is postulated for environmental factors such as ultraviolet light, climate, smoking, drugs, trace elements, and nutritional deficiencies in the causation of premature graying. However, to date the exact etiology of premature graying has not been established. The color of hair mainly relies on the presence or absence of melanin pigment. It has been shown that gray hair has undergone a marked reduction in melanogenically active melanocytes in the hair follicle. Treatment modalities that are presently available and have efficacy are: --Calcium pantothenate and. --Para Aminobenzoic acid. With Para aminobenzoic acid (PABA) temporary hair darkening has been reported after ingestion of 100 mg three times daily. Darkening is obvious within 2–4 months of starting treatment. Even if it does'nt reverse the already white hairs into black, it can definitely arrest further progress. Similarly calcium pantothenate also arrests further progress of premature graying. It should also be taken in a dose of 200mg to 400mg per day. Preparations are available in the market on prescription of a dermatologist (e.g Vighan -CP marketed by Salve pharmaceuticals contains 200mg calcium pantothenate). Topical 1% Melitane is also claimed to reverse and arrest further premature graying of hair. It is available as a gel and needs to be applied once daily (2ml) at night at the roots. I would advice that you visit a dermatologist and discuss regarding various treatment modalities and also get a prescription out of these. Hope this helps you in getting a solution to your problem regards take care