Is there any food that can be included in the diet to reduce the heart rate?

Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
List of items given sir

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

Yes sir, there are many different components that can be included in the diet to reduce the heart rate. Of course, all these different components have a different mechanism of action, but have the same end result, of contributing to reduce the heart/pulse rate by at least a small amount.

Let me list these foods category-wise for your best understanding:
-Olive oil
-Wine: In small quantities
-Green tea: XXXXXXX in anti-oxidants
-Calcium XXXXXXX food: Cabbage, tofu, molasses, dairy products (eg. milk, cheese, etc.), broccoli, cereal, etc.
-Fish: Mackerel, tuna, oysters, sardines, etc.
-Potassium XXXXXXX food: Prunes, bananas, tomatoes, avocados, citrus fruits, etc.
-Magnesium-rich food: Flax seeds, green leafy vegetables, dates, almonds, oatmeal, etc.
-High-fiber diet: Apricots, peaches, berries, XXXXXXX dates, etc.
-Whole grains

I hope the above mentioned items are clear. You can use them to create a mixed diet, with lots of variety. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you sir.

Best wishes.