Is there any effect on pregnancy while suffering from branchial fistula and slight elevation in WBC count?

Dear Doctor : my sister is 32 years old , she had brachial fistula and operated when she was five years old,ten years after the operation(when she was 15) she started complaining of pain and swelling of the right side(side of the operation),redness and difficulty in moving her neck(all these complains occur in different occasions sometimes once in two years,other times once in five years or once each six months there's no specific time to appear and lasts for two weeks and reslove by anti-biotic)I met many doctors,mant investigations were done,some show slight elevation in WBC and TFT during illness,after recovery everything become normal.she has done recently a CT scan and altra sound which show partial abscence of the right lube and small nodule at the site of the operation from the inside.she didn't recieve any treatment,but she's very well/has no complain at all since last attack before two months.before one month blood investigations repeated and everything was normal except the small nodule.She's afraid from the recurrency and she's going to marry after six months and is there any effect on pregnancy?is there any treatments?any need for a surgery?
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jyoti Patil 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Needs evaluation by head and neck surgeon. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for posting your query. Thanks for the detailed history. Based on history, it seems like she is getting repeated infection at the operated site which is resolving with antibiotics. She needs detailed evaluation by head and neck surgeon. She might even need surgery to irradicate the problem. Get her Thyroid function assessed by endocrinologist before she gets married. But, if I consider your history, it doesn't appear very significant. Its always better to get treated at early stages. The current problem of brachial fistula does not have direct effect on future pregnancy, but repeated infection and fever can sometimes complicate. I hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any. I wish her speedy recovery. Regards.