Is there any effect of goof off elastic crack on respiratory system?

i used goof off elastic crack cover in a can I used some on a celiing to fill in water cracks I think i breathe in some of the vapor does that mean i will die what syptoms do i get can you tell me im a scared about this.
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later

Goof off is liquid material which dry like an elastic material - this happens due to evaporation of varnish and other petroleum products in it. It is meant to evaporate; the small vapors coming from it are harmless.

So please don't worry; nothing is going to happen to you.

Some individuals who are sensitive or in other sense allergic to petroleum products can have few symptoms will be as follows:
1. Immediate breathlessness
2. Irritation in respiratory tract and severe cough.
3. Chest pain.

The above symptoms occur due to chemical pneumonitis (involvement of lung) are associated in sensitive individuals. If you have any of above symptoms, XXXXXXX a physician, else you are fine.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns
If you find it useful kindly rate the discussion before closing it.

Wishing you good health