Is there any drug interaction between levodopa for parkinson disease and Azilect and cymbalta for anxiety?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have Parkinson's'. Disease. I had been taking carbo levodopa 25/100 4x /day and requip xll 8mg 1 per day. Dd that was Cymbalta for Anxiety 30 mg. my neurologist added Azilect 1mg. Wiithin months I started with many different symptoms. I did a search & found a drug interaction problem. My blood pressure has been skyrocketing What should I do .?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Do get the dosage adjusted. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Azilect is used in addition to levodopa for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. It interacts with many drugs and also anti anxiety and anti depressant medicines. Since you are having many different symptoms due to this drug that have not subsided in last few months it is best to get its dosage reduced after consulting your neurologist. He may even stop it in case the symptoms you are having are severe. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL