Is there any drug interaction between Fetzima and Horizant?

I am trying to find information on a drug called Fetzima (levomilnacipran ER Capsules that has been prescribed for my husband, and... If it will interact negatively with Horizant. (Also new) He is 76 and not sure what to look for.
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: No drug interaction betweehn the two Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about these multiple health concerns your husband has. Fetzima is a recently approved drug for the treatment of restless leg syndrome while Horizant is a drug for the treatment of depression. As of date, there are no reported drug interaction between the two drugs. It is considered very safe to take them. Looking at their mechanism of action, there is nothing that raises the suspicion of a possible drug interaction. However, because it is a recent drug, I will suggest that you report to your doctors any new symptoms for proper investigation. This is because, as a new drug it might take us some time to figure out some interactions that can only be noted later when many people start taking the drug. I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you and your husband well. Please, feel free to ask for any clarification if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.