Is there any difference between Thyroxine tab and Electrocin tablet?

is there any difference between thyroxine tab and electrocin tab? I'm taking thyroxine tab (Thyronorm brand ) for past 4 months and still the TSH level is above 100 , but T3 ,T4 levels are in normal range , now taking 50 mg everyday , should I change the dose?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 24 minutes later

You have provided me with good information.

Your TSH level is 100 and T3 and T4 levels are normal.
The normal reference range of Thyroid stimulating hormone range (TSH ) is 0.3 to 3.0 micro Iu/ml.

You are taking 50 mcg of Thyronorm tablet for this from past 4 months and there seems to be no decrease in the levels. I think the dose is not appropriate, but you have to consult your Physician to adjust the doses. You will have to discuss this with him.

I have not heard of any tablet named Electrocin, so I cannot comment of the difference between it and Thyronorm. If you have the right spelling of the medicine/content of medicine, you can send that to me.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.