Is there any cure for blood clot on retina caused by dengue fever?

is there any cure of blood clot on retina caused by Dengue fever? XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: No treatment is required for blood clots. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic I am Dr.Dadapeer , an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eyes. Dengue fever is known to cause complications or problems in eyes. It seems from the history that you have been examined by eye doctor and have told probably that hemorrhages or blood clots are there in retina. This is self limiting and it will resolve by itself without any treatment. Just you need to continue treatment for dengue fever as per the advice of physician. However some complications of eyes seen in dengue fever like maculopathy, optic neuropathy require treatment by systemic steroid drugs. Please make sure that you do not have these problems which require treatment by examination with your ophthalmologist. Only retinal hemorrhages won't require treatment. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you.