Is there any chances of getting vaginal fluids into urethra after protected sex?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Sir i had protected sex with one lady. after ejaculation i removed my condom. later on i have washed my penis with water. 1. whether during washing, is there any chances of getting vaginal fluids into urethra as some of vluids touched my body where condom was not covered(edges) 2. she touches my body with her hand. my doubt is that her hand may contain vaginal fluids. on my body sweat bumps(due to heavy sweat) are there. is there chances of getting hiv into body. Uploaded the image 3. have to come across incidents that during protected sex also, hiv was transmitted. 4. exactly how much time hiv will survive in outside environment TEST results 22 days back i had protected sex. On 6th day after infection i had taken HIV PCR RNA test which showed non reactive result. on 22nd day of infection i tested another test called "HIV 1&2 ANITBODIES SCREENING TEST, SERUM@ HIV 1/2 & P24 COMBO TEST (CMIA) from lal pathlabs which showed non reactive result and index value is .11. i uploaed the report. but i dont know whether its p24 antigen or not. and also i'm not clear about window period for this test. Uploaded the report after 25days of infection i tested for hiv rna pcr test which showed negative result. can i take it conclusive or is required to take any test exactly after 1 month. what is the window period for HIV pcr rna test and p24 combo test
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diagnosis of HIV Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your history and understand your concern. As you had protected sex with your partner chance of sexually transmitted infection is very very less. 1.Whenever mucosa comes in direct contact with the mucosa the infection can be transmitted ,intact skin acts as a barrier and chance of acquiring the STIs and HIV will not be there. 2.HIV virus is very sensitive to oxygen it cannot survive even for a second outside the body.The sweat bumps are intact and the chance of transmission through this is theoretically not possible. 3.HIV is a sexually transmitted infection , chance of getting HIV through protected sex is very very less. 4. HIV virus are destroyed by oxygen it cannot surive more than one second. I have gone through your report, CMIA is done to detect P24 antigen of HIV and antibodies to HIV1/2. As the results are negative and CMIA index is 0.11 which suggests that there is no HIV infection. Still if you have any doubt regarding your HIV Status you can undergo HIV 1/2 anyibody test at the end of 90 days of possible exposure (Window period 90 days from the possible exposure).If this comes as negative nothing worry , you are not having HIV. Your history and the reports suggesting me that you are not having any HIV infection only to remove the anxiety I have suggested you to undergo HIV 1/2 antibody test after 90 days. Hope I have answered your questions, If any further query feel free to post them. Thank you.