Is there any chances of getting HIV if finger is inserted in the mouth?

Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
Yes One of my Coworker and I were horseplaying and by accident his finger touuched inside my mouth Now He was NOT cut but there was a red XXXXXXX on his finger as a joke it was red Marker what should I do take action? ands hes XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

You need to rinse your mouth with fresh water and need not worry about the red Marker on the finger.

If your friend is positive for HIV (being a gay) then you need to consult your doctor and get yourself investigated. However most of the time nothing will be required or done as you probably do not have a cut or ulcer in your mouth.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: Is there any chances of getting HIV if finger is inserted in the mouth? 20 minutes later
Hes XXXXXXX but no open cuts in mouth however I used Warm water least two times or maybe more? As Im well Cautious He said Im negative and he Supports world Aids Day what do you think

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for the update.

It is more important that you should not have an abrasion or open cut in your mouth as your friend's finger entered your mouth.

If your friend is negative for HIV then nothing needs to be done.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv

P.S.: In case you intend closing the query then kindly give your review.