Is there any chance that the tick illness i got might have compromised my Immune system so that I'm not having HIV antibodies?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi Doc I've spoke to you before.Question is I told you I was bit by two ticks back in XXXXXXX and I got very sick .I have been to a Lyme specialist in November and I have been on many antibiotics but I still feel sick at times with Malaise and weekness.I also told you I was scared about HIV because I was with a woman I know back in April I used a condom but I stupidly licked her clit for a few seconds.I did not put my tongue inside of her just the outside clit.You told me that is low risk to get HIV and I did blood test at 3,6,9 months and an oraquick home swab test at 10 months all negative.I have no reason to believe the woman was infected I'm just scared because it's been 7 months and I still do not feel 100% I was worried that all the tick illnesses I got in XXXXXXX from tick bites might have compromised my Immune.system so that I'm not shoeing HIV antibodies .Is that possible to even at 10 months have the Virus and not show ?Because I read online it took a guy 11 months to show once. should I do another blood test at one year mark to be sure?
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to be HIV infection. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. To my knowledge, the tick born diseases would not interfere with the HIV antibody formation, in case of a possible HIV infection. That too, I had never come across any patient had the sero-conversion for HIV after 6 months in my HIV career of 25 years and also never heard or read about a delay in HIV antibody formation after 6 months of infection in any conference or in any reputed journals or online materials. If you are still feeling sick following your tick-bite, you better have a second opinion from another Physician or an Infectious diseases specialist. I assure you that you are HIV free as your tests are consistently negative in spite of you licked the clitoris of that girl. Dr S XXXXXXX
Follow-up: Is there any chance that the tick illness i got might have compromised my Immune system so that I'm not having HIV antibodies? 3 minutes later
Thank you doc i have read that these tick illnesses are hard to kick especially Babesia as it is a Parasite as long as it is Not HIV i will deal with it thanks again doc.So another HIV test at 1 year should not be needed?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome. No more test need. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome once again. Definitely another HIV test is not necessary. You are most welcome. Dr S XXXXXXX