Is there any chance of pregnancy while getting period?

Mar 2016

Can u have a period and still be pregnant
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 25 minutes later

Generally, there is no chance of pregnancy while you are getting period. Period only starts while there is no fertilization or implantation takes place around ovulation time.

Another thing, sometimes implantation bleeding or early sign of miscarriage is mistaken with period. Therefore, you need to rule out this by doing one blood test for beta HCG & Trans Vaginal Sonography (TVS scan) while you are trying to conceive.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health in future.

Dr Soumen