Is there any chance of getting pregnant after having sex during periods? Taken emergency contraceptive pills

Me and my partner had sex during my 5th day of period, is there any chance of getting pregnant ? I had a menstrual cycle of 28-31 days. As a precaution i had emergency contraceptive pills. but after using that I am facing a problem of bleeding ... Please help me...
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 49 minutes later
There was no chance of pregnancy on the 5th day of your period.The bleeding you are having now is due to the emergency contraceptive pill you have taken. This may cause your cycles to become irregular for some time.Multiple use of emergency contraceptive pills are not advised due to serious side effects.