Is there any chance of getting hepatitis C virus through a razor?

good night there
I accidentally shave my face with a razor of someone who had virus c. just a minute after i started, i realized that both mine and his razor look a like. anyways i did not cut my face. I l also asked him and he conformed the he was cured. now what can i do?
my email address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you may get HCV testing done

Detailed Answer:
Hepatitis c spreads through blood. So using any infected sharp instrument may transfer the disease.
As you had no cuts and your friend says that ge has been treated, chances are negligible that you will get the disease through him.
But still, to be on the safer side, I would advise that you get HCV blood profile done for hepatitis c virus.
Hope this helped.
Follow-up: Is there any chance of getting hepatitis C virus through a razor? 2 hours later
how XXXXXXX is hepatitis c

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please read detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.
As such hepatitis c is not symptomatic. It presents with mild symptoms like fatigue, abdominal pain, indigestion, jaundice, nausea vomiting etc. Hepatitis C basically involves liver and so if left untreated can lead to liver failure over a period of time. Patients with hepatitis c should avoid alcohol, drugs like aspirin and stress.

So as far as it being XXXXXXX is concerned, yes it is XXXXXXX and can cause mortality/ death, if left untreated.
However with treatment, disease can be managed and one can lead a normal life with good life expectancy. So basically if there is a risk, investigations should be done to rule it out and if someone is hepatitis c positive, treatment should be taken.

Hope this helped.