Is there any blood work to determine fibromyalgia and what causes pins and needles in my feet?

I'm sorry I was reading an article stating there is a blood work to determine if one has fibromyagia it's called fm/a just wanted to know if it's that true Also aside from having back pain everyday what cause a burning sensation in both my feet with pins and needles sensation when I wake up thank you
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 48 hours later
Brief Answer: It is true but raises many concerns Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. It is true this test seeks to diagnose patients with fibromyalgia. It is new and has not gained wide spread support. There are so many other concerns that needs to be looked into before this test actually gains the confidence of many practicing physicians. It costs about 750dollars while the diagnosis can be done by through questioning and examination at a reduced cost. Why tend to the labs if we can do it without necessarily rushing there? There is just so much that needs to be addressed. However, if you wish to use it, that's fine but I will not recommend it just yet to my clients. I would like to get more convincing studies on this and also a justification for the price and returns on money spent. There are different possible explanation to these symptoms. They could represent a form of peripheral neuropathy or fits into some sort of a chronic pain disorder. More questioning and examination would be helpful to identify the exact cause and establish a treatment plan. Your primary care doctor would be a good person to start with on this. I hope this helps and answers your query fully. Please, feel free to ask for more clarifications or information if need be. I wish you well. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Is there any blood work to determine fibromyalgia and what causes pins and needles in my feet? 6 minutes later
Thank you for answer what are chronic pain disorder. My mind goes to multiple sclerosis but my dr says it's a not due to no findings in 4 brain MRI and c spine and thoracic spine can u name a few chronic disorders
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Very unlikely to be MS(multiple sclerosis) Detailed Answer: HI and thanks for following up with me. MS manifest with symptoms that affect different part of the brain that are not related in location and also at different times. The changes responsible for the symptoms of MS are usually seen on brain MRIs. With 4 MRIs not in support o this makes me think it is not MS also. Some chronic pain connditions include fibromyalgia, polymyalgia rheumatical, peripheral neuropathy, myalgias, etc. Conditions like Vit B12, diabetes, Hypertension predispose to peripheral neuropathy. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.