Is there any blood test to determine the infection in body?

Is there a blood test that they can do to see if there is any infection in my body that my body may be trying to fight off?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Different infections different tests Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Infections can certainly be detected through various blood tests but a strong suspicion of one particular organism needs to be there. For example High fever with low total count and gastro intestinal distubance one can ask for WIDAL to rule out Typhoid. High grade fever with sleep one can ask for Malarial Antigen. Throat infection followed by Kidney injury we could ask for ASLO. So my point is, several tests are available for various infections but in your case it is best to not only to approach an Endodontist but also an ENT surgeon as sometimes patients with a middle ear infection tends to have a similar complaints. I would like to add here that you could always send your blood and urine for culture to know what organism is present in significant amounts in case of a systemic infection I hope I was of help, if you have further queries please get back to me Regards