Is there any ayurvedic cure for irregular periods and what are the chances of conception with this treatment?

Ayurveda Specialist
I have PCOD problem and for 2 years(earlier, at the starting time ) my periods were regular and after I have irregular periods, I went to consult allopathy doctor and till marriage they gave me some medicine to get my periods.After my marriage(2 years done), When we want to conceive , I am taking different ovulation treatments , but there is no luck.From.Now doctor advices to go for IUI , .before taking that step, I just want to knokw if Ayurveda has any treatments for my problem. Since last year, thyroid problem also turned upon me and taking tablet as adviced my doctor.levels are normal. Presently ,we want to conceive and also in the near future , I also want to regularize my periods.Truly, did ayurveda has any solution to my problem. ? If so, Can you advice the whole process / treatment usually ayurvedic doctors follow?And also generally how long it may take.Thankful to you for your help!
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 3 hours later
Brief Answer: need more details Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your problem and after reviewing your history, do let me know below mention queries: 1.Although you are not able to conceive, is your ovulation normal? and do let me know about the blood sugar level, blood pressure and cholesterol levels? 2. Please let me know about your Thyroxine pill (whether you are taking it empty stomach (in morning) or at night. 3.Since you are suffering from PCOD, do consult with your Gynecologist regarding your PCOD profile,who might have done Ultrasonography of Abdomen [to check any structural abnormality] and General Examination to check with any accompaniments of PCOD [acne,weight gain, unwanted hairs on face] and might have done hormonal tests. [please clarify]]. 4.Apart from taking the said medicines you can practice certain “PRANAYAM” which helps in stimulation of thyroid gland like- ‘Brahmari pranayam’; ‘sheetali/ seetkari pranayam’ 5.Avoid fatty food,curd,late night work,soyabean,milk,mustard oil,cabbage, and take moong dal,tambul,saindhav,tandulodak,coconut water, vegetable soups 6.You can consult with a Panchkarma Doctor regarding Lekhan Basti,Nasya Karma and Vaman procedure. 7. IUI is/are useful when there is male factor infertility because the weaker sperm don't have as far to travel. [ is your husband medical history normal], moreover it can be because of the cost effectiveness of the procedure. PS. Age mentioned is 26 so it is/will be a good option to opt for IVF because if you delay or opt for it in later decade it may result in congenital anomalies. Dr. Munish Sood Consultant &Physician Naimittika Clinic