Is there any appropriate method for discontinuing Jaylin capsules?

I would like to discontinue taking Jaylin capsules . Is there a particular way you suggest in the withdrawal by lowering dosage to every other day then to zero or do you suggest just stopping outright. Thank You.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Gradual withdrawl reducing once a week Detailed Answer: Hi, If you are my treating patient I would gradually withdraw the drug Jaylin. It has tamsolusin and dutasteride both of which has helped your benign prostatic hyperplasia for the last 50 years. Tamsolusin is 0.4 mg per oral and dutasteride is 0.5 mg per oral daily. I would reduce the dose by quarter each week. At the same time I would convince you to add another drug for treating BPH (prostate Hyperplasia). Every doctor would act differently in such a case. I sincerely suggest you to follow up with your treating doctor and this withdrawal should be monitored closely though. I would not be a happy doctor if my patient insists on this withdrawal which controlled the symptoms for so many years. Hope this answer