Is there any allopathy medicine available to stop sexual desire?

Dec 2014

i want to know how to stop my sexual desire,i completely wants to stop my sexual desire,is there any allopathy medicine?
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 14 minutes later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Sexual desire or libido is vital to any human being. But you want to reduce it so we can do it by a number of non pharmacological methods.
Although a number of off label medicines are used to decrease libido but they are usually not recommended.
Finasteride is a medicine used for male pattern baldness and for prostrate hypertrophy. It causes decrease in libido as its side effect which is used by many psychiatrists to decrease libido.
Some antidepressants especially SSRI medicines like Escitalopram, Fluoxetine, Citalopram etc. cause delayed ejeculation and reduction in libido, which can be therapeutically to reduce libido.

Non Pharmacological methods to reduce libido are mainly centered to divert ones attention away from sex. Meditation, Yoga, spending time in art etc. can be tried to divert attention. Relaxation by progressive muscle relaxation methods are also very useful to relax individual.

Hope I cleared your doubt, if you have more questions you can ask again.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD

Follow-up: Is there any allopathy medicine available to stop sexual desire? 21 minutes later
i completely wants to stop my sexual desire,not to reduce.kindly suggest the medicine which is easily available in the market.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 2 hours later
Hello again

Finasteride is available in market, but take any drug after proper evaluation of a Physician only.

Another good drug to reduce/ stop libido is anti androgen drug Cypoterone Acetate. It acts against androgens and will help to reduce desire.

The drugs will take some time to completely stop desire.

Thanks, if you have more queries you can ask again.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD