Is there any Ayurvedic treatment for HIV which is reliable in India?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
is there any treatment for hiv by ayruveda and relible in india if there please let me know
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later

Having an HIV infection with a viral load of 4 lakhs needs antiretroviral therapy.

Though I do not follow ayurvedic stream of medicine, I would like to put my points here.

The ayurvedic medicines can help you with the symptoms of infections and superadded complications but there is no studies available showing that HIV viral infection can be effectively treated or the viral load can be reduced with these medicines.

Only antiretroviral drugs can decrease the viral load and can delay the progress of disease and related complications.

I advise you to get the appropriate drugs advised from your physician.

I hope this answers your query. You can forward me the additional doubts that you have. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Is there any Ayurvedic treatment for HIV which is reliable in India? 2 hours later
Dear doctor i have one more queries regarding treatment i would like to take treatment by ayruveda because there is no side effets by them. if i start useing ARV than side effets will start any how i know this much about ARV. but my physician was told right now no need to take any treatment.your reports are good. he told according my reports any how. where i can get proper treatment and please tell me about cow urine theorpy
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
Hello and thanks for writing again,

As far as current management of HIV and other illness is concerned, there is no scientifically proved evidence to suggest the effectiveness / reliability of any other medications (including cow urine therapy) apart from anti retro viral drugs against HIV

As per guidelines, antiretroviral drugs needs to be initiated when CD4 count falls below 350cells/cu mm or as viral load exceeds more than 0000 – 0000copies/ml. The basic principle is to keep the viral load below detectable levels while increasing CD4 count. Hence I believe you need to be started on ARV.

I understand that you are concerned about the side effects that could occur with use of Anti-retroviral therapy and hence looking for alternative medical treatment. As this forum has limited ayurveda / alternative medicine experts, I would suggest you to talk to an expert in person. I will be available to give you more guidelines in managing and treating this problem.

Hope my answer is both useful and helpful to you. Should you have any further queries, I am glad to help you.

Dear doctor thanks a lot for very quick responce and useful answer. any way i will go through yours. please let me know wich is a best ayruveda, homeo and alopathy treatment centers and places. and i can come any where in india and give be less side effects treatment cost of treatment no problame and i got few days only. i am working in offshore i have to join back to my job duties. once i joined i have to do one month. and i will get one month off
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later

I am sorry. I do not have any personal references of alternative medical expert. Yet you may find a good Ayurvedacharya or a homeopath specialist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor as per your requirement at

Hope this discussion has been of some use to you. Do accept the answer if you do not have any other queries.

All the best.

Take care and Regards.