Is there ant relation between cat bite and anxiety?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Hi can i ask you a medical question? I got bitten by a cat about 2 months ago. The wound was not deep and got healed quickly. The cat is now still alive. However, I was on the website yesterday and I accidentally read some stuff about cat diseases. So I'm afraid that it could cause problems. I was diagnosed with chronic anxiety one month ago. Can the catbite cause my anxiety? Or is it just me being over reacting? Thank you.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: If no fever&infection of cat-bite, nothing serious Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, If the cat bite did heal quickly and you did not face any complication like infection, then, should not be worry and to put more stress and anxiety to yourself. Furthermore, you were bitten from the cat around 2 months ago and did not have any fever. So, less chance to get any cat disease from that. Normal people, with strong/normal immune system can hardly get cat disease or at least can have mild symptoms. If you did not have any infection of the cat bite site and did not develop any rash or fever, then, there is nothing to be worry about. It is just you being overacting. All the best Dr.Bardha Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Follow-up: Is there ant relation between cat bite and anxiety? 18 minutes later
Thank you for the information. However I got fever (1.5 months ago) but not right after the catbite. Now I have no fever at all. Should I worry about this? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing serious from your clinical presentation... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Thank you for following up. Although you had fever 1.5 months ago, that could not be associated with cat bite as long as there was no infection of the site of catbite or swollen local lymph nodes. However, you can do the Bartonella henselae IFA test and Toxoplasma antibodies for further evaluation. At last, I see nothing worrisome in your clinical presentation unless you had the symptoms as mentioned earlier. Take good care my dear! Dr.Bardha