Is there an operation to correct deformed nails?

Hi ! I used acrylic nails for years, and a lot of the time when i could not remove my thumbnail acrylics, i pulled them off.. Then my natural thumb nails became severely (horizontal) ridged, and grow deformed.. I'm wondering, if there is such a treatment or operation to correct them, so that they will grow more normal?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 57 minutes later

Thank you for the query,

Since it is a post traumatic nail which is growing deformed with structural changes, there are only two things which I can suggest here :

1) Wait and watch ,and let it grow as it is ,so that gradually a new and good nail come out.
2) get a nail avulsion done ,but without destroying the nail matrix.So that a new nail comes fresh & healthy.

I would suggest you to consult a surgeon or a dermatologist for the same.

I hope this answers your query,if you have any further questions ,kindly write back to us .