Is there an antidote for Pegfilgrastim?

Is there an antidote or can you kill the drug called Pegfilgrastim? can you email? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pegfilgrastim hematopoetic drug, No antidote needed Detailed Answer: hello there! Thank you for asking. Antidotes are for poisons and pegfilgrastim(Neulasta) is a hematopoetic growth factor stimulator and all it does is to increase the bone marrow production of blood cells which are adversely affected by the chemotherapies cycles you take for the malignancy. It has a half-life of 15 to 80 hours so it will completely out of your system within two weeks. it is used 6mg SC once per chemotherapy cycle and if overdosed then seek the help of your hematologist he will guide you better what to do but it’s a hematopoetic factor the only bad thing overdose can does here is increasing the odds of its adverse effects which I mentioned below. Now in your case it should be used cautiously as it causes asthma exacerbations by ARDS. So instead of trying antidote for Pegfilgrastim, you need monitoring of your Pulmonary functions and a good care of your Asthma. Take some rest and if you develop shoulder tip pains or dragging sensation in your left below ribs margins of the abdomen then seek the Help. Now every drug has bad aspects, which can't be avoided but can be treated symptomatically like Nausea (72%) Fatigue (70% Alopecia (69%) Diarrhea (49%) Vomiting (40%) Constipation (36%) Fever (35%) Anorexia (27%) Therefore, for these all you need is symptomatic treatment. As per as antidote there hasn't been any single passed through my eyes in the literature yet and I am sure there isn't any as there isn't any needed for its innocuous nature and bone marrow friendly properties. But cautious use is indicated in some aspects though. Good Luck and take some very good care of yourself. If you have any more queries for me please feel free to ask i would love to answer otherwise kindly close the discussion and rate the answer a sped your experience. May the odds be ever in your favor. Regards Dr S XXXXXXX