Is there an alternative to liver transplant for liver cirrhosis?

This is XXXXXXX My age is 54.Height 6 ft.Now I am sufferering from Cryptogenic Liver Cirrhosis.I have done all tests.Albumin amount is continuously in the range of 2.5 to 2.81.Doctor suggested to take 7-8 albumin. Last month I took albumin, but after that also I didn't find any improvement in albumin content. I am feeling very week day by day. Doctor is suggesting for Transplant. Is there any alternative? Please suggest.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 27 minutes later

Cirrhosis is irreversible. Many patients' liver function will gradually worsen despite treatment and complications of cirrhosis will increase and become difficult to treat.

Therefore, when cirrhosis is far advanced, liver transplantation often is the only option for treatment. Recent advances in surgical transplantation and medications to prevent infection and rejection of the transplanted liver have greatly improved survival after transplantation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Is there an alternative to liver transplant for liver cirrhosis? 4 hours later
Can you please suggest any gud hospital for transplant and the approximate amount.
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 1 hour later
Hi Again ,

Thanks for the follow up query.

The following are the list of the Hospitals where Liver Transplant are done.

1.Apollo Hospitals, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore,
2.Wockhardt Hospitals, , Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore,
3.Manipal Hospital, Airport Road, Bangalore,
4 XXXXXXX Heart Hospital, Bangalore,
5.BGS Global Hospital, Bangalore.

These hospitals have been accredited by national and international hospital accreditation bodies and are well equipped to take medical and personal care of the patients.

Sorry i don't know the cost for the procedure and the cost vary between these hospitals and on the Surgeons .

Hope this answers you.

Wish you early recovery.