Is there a way to tell how long someone had sleep apena?

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 24 minutes later
Hello, Obstructive sleep apnea can be detected by test called polysomnography. The duration of each episode and number of episodes of apnea can be detected by this. Thank you.
Follow-up: Is there a way to tell how long someone had sleep apena? 29 hours later
I'm a veteran who retired in 2006. In 2011 i was went to a sleep study clinic and was tolld i have sleep apnea. I was told by The Vetersn Administration the some proof showing that i had it while in the military. I have my medical record with me; is there a way to tell that i had Sleep Apnea while in the military and if so how?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Only with sleep test or other documents Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for your query. The only way to tell that you have Sleep Apnea while you where in the military is the presence of tests or analyzes indicating that you have suffered from Sleep Apnea. Diagnosis of Sleep Apnea is determined from sleep test or polysomnograma. Sleep specialists are doctors who diagnose and treat people who have sleep problems. Examples of such doctors include lung and nerve specialists and ear, nose, and throat specialists. Take care of your self