Is there a way to lower your C02 level?

Is there a way to lower your C02 Level and what is considered high
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need details Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query in detail , i understand your concern. pCO2 levels are usually seen and monitored in Arterial Blood Gas Analysis (ABG). If it is high , we need to rule out the cause. Most common being Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). I would like to know following : 1. What symptoms lead to getting tested for CO2 levels.? 2. Any smoking? 3. Occupation? 4. Attach the report of CO2. Treatment depends on it's cause and its level. If it is very high , and symptomatic , we have to use BIPAP machine. In unconscious patient , ventillator is required. But again , since you are conscious , well oriented as you are asking you query, i don't think you require all this. Reply with these for a better help.