Is there a tablet concerta with 72mg?

Nov 2013

regarding concerta neurologist wrote prescription for 72 mg the pharmacist would not fill it saying it had to be written 18 and 54 is he being overly cautious or is dr incorrect in way he prescribed it I would think he would know this
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for getting back. Concerta is supplied in the dose strengths of 18 mg, 27 mg, 36 mg and 54 mg. There is no tablet of 72 mg. Therefore, a prescription can not be written as TAB. CONCERTA 72 mg once daily. The correct method would be TAB. CONCERTA 18 mg + 54 mg (total dose 72 mg) once daily. I agree it is a technical error and some pharmacists would fill 72 mg also. I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: